Yabatech Bakkasi Hostel guts Fire 

At the early hours of this morning, Yabatech Bakkasi female hostel gut fire. The fire which started in one of the hostel rooms burnt almost half of the rooms in the hostel second floor.

Reports say that the fire was caused by an electric surge in one of the hostel rooms.

One of the students that were interviewed has this to say; “The fire started in a room after mine, immediately it started, the only thing I could escape with was my wrapper. All my documents and certificate have been burnt by the fire”.

 

Another student says her laptop which contains her final year project was ravished by the fire.

Though no death was recorded, some female students fainted due to shock from the incident.

 

The school fire service arrived early but could not stop the fire. The Unilag and Lagos State fire service also came to the rescue.

The School management has hence suspended all academic activities in the school until further notice.

Share

Leave a Reply

Thanks for choosing to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy. We will send a notification to your email address when your comment gets a response, kindly use a valid email address so that you can receive this notification.