How to Reset/Retrieve Your JAMB Password

Last updated on August 25th, 2020 by Chris. Akuneme

Having access to your JAMB profile is very important. Especially for the fact that if you are eventually offered admission, you must log in to your JAMB profile to accept or decline the admission.

Two things you need to login to your JAMB profile are your email address and password. Please note that the password used here is not compulsorily the same one you use in logging into your email account.

In this article, you will learn how to change your JAMB profile password.

There are three ways to recover your JAMB password, you can either retrieve it from your email, reset it from JAMB website or chat with your JAMB support.

How to Retrieve your JAMB Password from your Email

When you created your JAMB profile either at a CBT centre or by yourself, a message was sent to your email address containing your profile creation details.

This message contains your name, date of birth and password.

To retrieve your password using this method, log in to your email address and search for “Profile Creation Details”.

Your search result should look like the image below especially if you use Gmail;

JAMB password

Open the email and scroll down to see your password.

reset jamb password

If you cannot remember the email you used to register on JAMB, check this article on how to retrieve your JAMB email address.

How to Reset your Password on JAMB Website

For this option to work, you must know the email address you used to register on JAMB and the date of birth you used to register.

• Visit the JAMB password reset link here portal.jamb.gov.ng/eFacility./forgot.
  • Enter your email address and correct date of birth.
  • Click on get password reset link
  • Login to your email address to find a message with the subject “JAMB e-Facility – Password Reset”
  • Open the email and click on the “Reset my Password” link.
  • Enter your new password on the next page.
  • Click on “Change Password”.

If your password reset was successful, you will receive a confirmation message from JAMB like in the image below.

jamb password reset successful

Reset JAMB Password by Chatting with Support

If every other method proved abortive, then this is the next option available.

You could contact JAMB support to report that you are having issues resetting your JAMB password. Someone from JAMB will get back to you with instructions that will help you recover your JAMB password.

Perhaps you don’t get a reply within 2-3 working days (Mondays to Friday, 9am to 4pm), please visit a JAMB CBT centre to complain.

Thanks for choosing to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy. We will send a notification to your email address when your comment gets a response, kindly use a valid email address so that you can receive this notification.

51 Comments

1. I tried linking my profile using sms to 55019
    But it said I can’t use the facility because I originally supplied my Gmail during registration and my Gmail has been updated…but I didn’t use any Gmail during registration

1. Lagschools Support says:

You have to visit a JAMB CBT centre to confirm the email that was linked to your JAMB profile.

2. I tried resetting my jamb password a message was sent dat dey have send it to my Gmail but I didn’t see any password
    Please what should I do

1. Lagschools Support says:

Are you using Yahoo mail? You can check your spam folders or try again if you use Gmail.

3. Please, when I registered for jamb, they didn’t ask for email address. So we used phone number. I need help on how to get my jamb Portal

4. Plz i want to check if my results has been uploaded but it’s not working

5. Olushola odunyemi says:

I created my email and I was sent only confirmation code and no password what is the problem

1. Lagschools Support says:

Did you use the same email you used to register for JAMB?

6. veregh Peter terhemba says:

I have two accounts on the same number each time i try to reset my password is the first one that google do reset for me while is the second one i used for my jamb registration

1. Lagschools Support says:

You have to find a way to reset your Gmail password first.

7. I tried resetting my jamb password,a message was sent that the password have been sent to my gmail address.The problem is I can’t access my normal Gmail account I lost my phone and I can’t remember my password to it.
    How do I go about it pls cause I need to accept my admission and print my admission letter

8. Pls I need to do change of course and print my admission letter but I can’t remember my password and I lost my Gmail account what can I do?

1. Lagschools Support says:

You have to reset the password of your Gmail account to regain access.

9. Falolu muyinat says:

Pls I need help actually I was using Gmail in my formal phone and u also wrote my Gmail account in the jamb form . I changed d phone so am ask to open Google acct so I forgot d password and I reset it so am asking can dat affect d jamb notification to check admission

1. Lagschools Support says:

You do not have to open a new Gmail account. You can reset the password of the previous one.

10. Please I need a help, when I was about to do jamb registration I don’t have an email, so I met a guy there he opened it for me in his phone coz I don’t have an android then.but he use my number to open it, what am trying to say in essence is that i can’t remember the password of the email he opened for me any more

1. Lagschools Support says:

You can reset the password of your Gmail account since he used your phone number to register it.

11. Friday Candour says:

Please I have lost all access to my jamb, phone number and email address are gone and I can’t retrieve anyone, because they are not mine, please help me please.

1. We’re in the same shoe bro

12. Abdulsalam zainab says:

I can’t login to my jamb portal I reset my pin but I didn’t receive any password on my email,and I need to login so that I can check my admission profile,please I need help

1. Lagschools Support says:

Good day Zainab. Are you sure the email you are checking is the same email you used to register for JAMB? If yes, you have to keep trying till you get the email message.

13. Thanks……but after resetting my password I am supposed to login to my email to access my new password.but how do I login when I dnt even knw the password

1. Lagschools Support says:

You have to recover the password of your email address.

14. Is that the real password

15. Ibeh faith says:

There’s no link sent to my email

1. Lagschools Support says:

Are you checking the correct email linked to your JAMB profile? If yes, then keep trying till you receive it.

16. Why is it that I can’t reset my password

17. There’s no any link on the email sent to me

1. Lagschools Support says:

You have to keep trying till your receive the email. Sometimes, there could be a glitch and the email will come in late.

18. would my password change since i have reset it

19. I reset my password and it was not sent to my email

1. Lagschools Support says:

You have to keep trying. It happens like that some times.

20. Adelakun barakat says:

I want to know my profile code

1. Lagschools Support says:

You can get your profile code when you login to JAMB website.

2. You can get your profile code and password using the 55019