The Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment form is out. Interested Nigerian citizens who want to work with the Nigerian Immigration can apply. Citizens of any tribe in Nigeria will be considered for the job. Continue reading this post to see how to apply for the NIS recruitment form.
- Requirements For Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- Academic Qualifications for The Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
- Available Positions in the Immigration Recruitment
- Superintendent Cadre (Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II)
- Inspectorate Cadre (Senior Inspector of Immigration [SII] & Assistant Inspector of Immigration [AII])
- ASSISTANT CADRE (Immigration Assistant III [IA ”’])
- How to Apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
Requirements For Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
Candidates must meet the following requirements to get this job;
- Candidate must be a Nigerian citizen; either by birth or descent. (Citizenship by descent means one of your parents is a Nigerian citizen).
- Each candidate must not be below the age of 18 and above the age of 35.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.7 metres in height while the female applicants must not be less than 1.64 metres.
- The applicants must be free from any form of mental or physical disability.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service.
- Applicants must be free from any form of financial embarrassment.
- Have a broad chest of not less than 0.87 metres.
- All applicants must be of good character and must not have any record of a criminal offence.
- Candidates suffering from any of the following ailments should not apply;
- Flat foot.
- Sight problems.
- Hearing difficulties.
- Pregnant Women.
- Previous major orthopaedic operation.
- Fracture, stammering or any form of natural disability.
FYI: Flat foot is a deformity where the sole of the feet is completely or almost touching the ground. You can read more about the Flat foot on Wikipedia.
Academic Qualifications for The Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
A West African School Certificate (WASC) or a Senior Secondary School Certificate Exam Certificate (SSCE) in not less than three subjects. At least a credit pass is required in English and at least passes in two other subjects are required.
Candidates who are applying with a NECO SSCE or NECO GCE result must have passed in four subjects obtained in one sitting or five subjects obtained at two sittings including the English language.
Applicants who have attended a higher institution can apply with any of the following;
- A National Diploma Certificate obtained from a recognized institution.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a well-known institution.
- General Certificate of Examination (Advanced Level) in two subjects obtained at one sitting or three subjects obtained at five settings.
Available Positions in the Immigration Recruitment
Below is the list of available positions at the immigration office;
Superintendent Cadre (Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II)
Academic Qualification: Applicant must have a minimum of first degree from a recognized institution of higher learning. An NYSC discharge certificate is required.
Inspectorate Cadre (Senior Inspector of Immigration [SII] & Assistant Inspector of Immigration [AII])
Applicants who want this position must possess the following;
- Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
- Applicants for Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) must have a minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized institution.
- An NYSC certificate is compulsory.
- Applicants for Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII) must have at least an NCE/OND from a recognized institution.
- Applicants for Assistant Inspector of Immigration(AII) must be between the ages of 18-26 years.
ASSISTANT CADRE (Immigration Assistant III [IA ”’])
Applicant must be a holder of SSCE, NECO, GCE O/Level. A minimum of four credits in not more than 2 sittings, which should include English and Maths. Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 years.
How to Apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
Once on the portal, click on “Apply Here” under the position you are applying for. Fill out the forms correctly, verify your email address. Fill and submit your Biodata and every other personal information.