NECO Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

This post was created to answer questions students may have about NECO examinations. We have done our research and we know questions students are asking about NECO.

Though, if you don’t find an answer to your question, you can use the comment section to ask your question. So here we go.

NECO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is the full meaning of Neco?

N..E.C.O is the abbreviation for the National Examination Council. Neco is an exam regulatory body in Nigeria that conducts examinations at the secondary school level.

What is Neco website?

Neco’s official website is www.mynecoexams.com.

Can I check Neco result without the scratch card?

No, you cannot. You need a pin to check your Neco result. This pin can only be found in the Neco scratch card.

How can I upgrade my Neco result?

Don’t fall for that scam. NECO result cannot be upgraded. Anybody that tells you it is possible to upgrade NECO result is only trying to cheat you.

When will NECO result come out?

NECO SSCE result (normal NECO) comes out by September while NECO GCE result comes out by February. You can subscribe to our email list with the box at the end of this post to get updates concerning NECO result.

What Does NO CA3 Mean?

You can experience this issue while trying to check your NECO result. NO CA3 means your school did not upload your continuous assessment 3 on NECO’s database. If you are having this issue, your result will not be released.

To resolve this issue, go to the school where you wrote the exam, you will be required to pay the sum of 20,000 Naira to NECO TSA account as a penalty for late submission.

Can I combine WAEC and NECO result for Admission?

Yes, you can combine WAEC and NECO results for admission. Any school that accepts two sittings will accept a WAEC and NECO combination. For instance, Yabatech; Yabatech accepts two sittings.

How do I get NECO exam timetable?

There are two versions of the NECO timetable; The NECO SSCE timetable and the NECO GCE timetable. Click on the appropriate link to download the NECO timetable;

How can I get NECO office address?

The National Examination Council (NECO) has offices in the whole states in Nigeria. NECO head office is located at Western bye pass, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe road, Minna, Nigeria. For the complete list of NECO offices in Nigeria click the link.

Where can I buy NECO result checker scratch card?

You can buy the NECO result checker scratch card from any of the NECO offices in your state. But if the office is far from you, consider buying from us. Click here to buy the NECO scratch card from us.

How can I collect my Original NECO result?

You can get your original NECO ssce result from the secondary school where you did the examination. The NECO GCE original result can be gotten at NECO office.

There was a mistake on my NECO result, how do I correct it?

If there’s a mistake on your NECO result, the principal of your secondary school has to write a letter to NECO telling them to correct the issue. If the mistake is on NECO GCE result, you have to go to NECO office to lay your complaint. Once you get your result, you should go through it immediately to check for errors.

I have misplaced my NECO exam number, how do I recover it?

NECO exam can be recovered at a NECO office. Check our article to see the full process of recovering a NECO examination number.

As time goes on, we will add more questions and answers to the ones we have already written. You can also read our post on WAEC frequently asked questions and answers.

Do you have any question about NECO? Use the comment section to drop your question and we may include it in this post with the answer to your question.

Thanks for choosing to leave a comment. Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our comment policy. We will send a notification to your email address when your comment gets a response, kindly use a valid email address so that you can receive this notification.

350 Comments

1. how long does it take for the original neco certificate to be out

2. Issa Dauda Akoyinbo says:

Is the original certificate for NECO sat for in 2019 out?

1. Lagschools Support says:

As at the moment, it is not out yet.

3. In my neco I sat for all my subject and they were registered but when I checked my results instead of crs it was home management marked absent because I sat for crs not home management, pls what should I do

1. Lagschools Support says:

Visit a NECO office as soon as possible to lay your complaints.

4. Jacob yohanna says:

Please sir answer me since this year 2021 jamb Registration is all from NIMC °the name in my Neco has three names. BULUS JACOB YOHANNA date of birth is
    8-4-2000
    while jamb is JACOB YOHANNA an the DOB 1-12-1999 though the nin is correct What will i do now?

5. My Neco print out result and the original Neco certificate are different. What should I do?

1. Lagschools Support says:

Go to a NECO office to complain about this.

6. Anuoluwapo Christopher says:

How, many days, month or year does it take neco original certificate to come out for an save student who sat for it this year.

7. Pls is neco orginial result for 2020 out?

It is not out yet.

8. Please my school put my middle name before my first name would that be a problem. But the name is very correct

1. Lagschools Support says:

Yes it is. Go to a NECO office in the state you wrote the exam for correction.

9. Can I get my neco certificate from neco office from a different state

1. Lagschools Support says:

You have to get it from the state where you wrote the exam. If it’s a NECO SSCE exam, you have to go to the secondary school where you wrote the exam.

10. Micheal tamaramiede says:

I registered for naco this I did thumbprint but when the exam start I didn’t have examination number I was given d exra shit to write all my exams pls what is my fate will d result come out?

1. Lagschools Support says:

Good day Micheal. Go to the school where you registered to get your NECO examination number.

11. Please there was an error on my neck results which is my middle name ,can I still change it if the result is out

1. Lagschools Support says:

Yes, you can change it. Visit a NECO office in the state where you wrote the exam to make corrections.

12. prince nero says:

Please i want neco to help me to remove my middle name from my 2021 neco result before the result will be released, it possible?

1. Lagschools Support says:

Visit a NECO office in the state you wrote the exam to do the correction.

13. Please do I have chance to correct or change my name om my neco before result is out

1. Lagschools Support says:

Yes. You can start the name correction process before the results are released.

14. Please can I change my name on my neco before result is out

1. Lagschools Support says:

Visit a NECO office to start the name correction process.

15. How do I send my NECO Transcripts to international institution as a prospective student.

1. Lagschools Support says:

You have to do it through a NECO office. Visit a NECO office to start the process.

16. How long does correction on name of NECO result takes

17. How much do I collect my Neco original result from the school?

1. Lagschools Support says:

If it’s a NECO SSCE result, you do not have to pay. However, your school may decide to charge you any amount they want.

18. Bello Sufiyan says:

Can I demand to see my answer scripts even after result for neco is released. If I can will it cost money and how much

No, you cannot.

19. Please I want to go to neco office in Anambra state to collect my original results how possible is it ,like will they give it to me sir

1. Lagschools Support says:

If you wrote your exams in Anambra state and your certificate is ready, you can go and collect it.

20. ZAKI INNOCENT TERNA says:

Please what would happen If you mistakenly write wrong registration number in Neco

1. Lagschools Support says:

That subject will not be recorded for you. If it is a compulsory subject that you need in further your education, quickly get a GCE form so that you can attempt that subject again.