JAMB Direct Entry Form 2017 – How To Apply
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released guidelines for the JAMB Direct Entry form 2017. In this post, you will know what the JAMB Direct entry is and how to apply for it. Take note that the Direct Entry form is sold for 5,000 Naira only.
What is JAMB Direct Entry?
Direct Entry is a program for students with Diploma certificates who want a Degree certificate. For example, let’s say you graduated with an Ordinary National Diploma Certificate (OND) from YABATECH and you want to obtain a BSC certificate from a University; you have to purchase the direct entry form.
Successful students that gain admission to a University through direct entry will begin classes at 200 level in their University of Choice.
Who Can Apply for Direct Entry
Students who possess the following certificate from accredited institutions can apply for the JAMB Direct Entry program;
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Certificate holders.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate holders.
- Cambridge A level holders.
- IJMB students.
- ICAN students.
- JUPEB students.
- Holders of a Nigerian Certificate in Education(NCE).
JAMB Direct Entry Requirements
Aspirants must have the requirements before purchasing the form. Please note that all purchases are non-refundable.
- A minimum of five credits in WAEC/GCE/NECO at not more than two sittings with at least two Advanced Level C.E or Principal and the others.
- Two Compulsory passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated School of Basic Terminal Examination, JUPEB or the Institute of Baccalaureate from any recognized institutions with an SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects.
- At least a minimum of lower credits in National Diploma or National Innovative Diploma; including the O’level requirements. Some schools like Unilag only accept from Upper credits and above.
- Passes in two major NCE subjects with S.C.E.
How to Apply for the Direct Entry Form
- First of all, create a JAMB profile if you don’t already have. A JAMB profile is a free account on the JAMB website and it is compulsory.
- Login to your JAMB profile.
- Click on sales of form > Direct entry form.
- Click on Pay “Pay Online now” or “Pay with Remita” to make payment.
- Enter your debit card details to make payment.
- After payment, proceed to an accredited centre to complete registration.
Go along with your O’level result to the JAMB accredited centre for registration.
Accredited centres are to charge a maximum of 700 Naira for registration. Any centre that charges above 700 Naira should be reported to JAMB for sanctions.
The closing date for the registration has not been announced yet.