Registrations for the David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship programme for the 2022/2023 academic session have commenced.
The registration commenced on June 15, 2022, and it is stipulated to close on July 31st, 2022.
In this article, you will learn about the DOF scholarship and how to apply for it.
- About the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme
- Requirements for DOF Scholarship
- How to Apply for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme
- Step 1: Visit the Application Portal to Register
- Step 2: Verify your Email Address
- Step 3: Start the Application Process
- Step 4: Select the School and Course you want
- Step 5: Fill in your Personal Information
- Step 6: Enter your Guardian Information
- Step 7: Fill in your Educational Information
- Step 8: Enter your Religious Recommendation Details
- Step 9: Upload your Documents
- David Oyedepo Foundation Contact Details
About the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship programme also known as D.O.F is a full-ride scholarship for indigenes and residents of any African country. The scholarship’s goal is to build young leaders who are ready to impact their community and lead organizations in the future.
As a full-ride scholarship, the foundation will cover the full academic fees of successful candidates for a maximum period of 5 years.
Bishop David Oyedepo is the founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners Chapel), Covenant University, Landmark University and many others. Successful candidates for the DOF scholarship will be given an opportunity to study at either Covenant or Landmark University.
Please note that the scholarship does not cover the following expenses;
- Feeding allowances.
- Travel allowances.
- Medical or Health insurance allowance.
- Any other fee outside the school fees.
Requirements for DOF Scholarship
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements;
- Must be between the ages of 16-25 at the time of application.
- Must be citizens and permanent residents of any African country.
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa (for candidates outside Nigeria).
- Can read, write and speak the English language fluently.
- Score at least 20 points above JAMB cut-off marks (Nigerians only). e.g If the JAMB cut-off mark for Universities in a given year is 200, applicants from Nigeria are expected to score 220 and above.
- 80% recorded average or 4.0/5.0 GPA in secondary/High school transcripts.
- Candidates must have begun a full-time application to either Covenant University or Landmark University. You can see how to apply for Covenant or Landmark here.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship will be awarded to candidates after they have been given admission to the specified Universities. Applying for this scholarship does not influence or guarantee that a candidate would be admitted into the specified schools.
How to Apply for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme
Step 1: Visit the Application Portal to Register
Interested candidates must visit the application portal to register. A valid email address and phone number will be required during registration.
Visit the foundation’s registration page to start the registration process.
Step 2: Verify your Email Address
After submitting your details on the registration page in step 1, a one-time password will be sent to your email address. Type the OTP into the box provided.
Now login to the website using the email address and password provided during registration.
Step 3: Start the Application Process
Once you are logged in, click on the “Apply for DOF Scholarship” button.
On the next page, click on the button under “New students”.
Click on next.
You should download the instructions on the page. It will guide you throughout the application.
Step 4: Select the School and Course you want
As we stated earlier, this scholarship enables successful candidates to study at Covenant or Landmark University. During the registration process, you have to choose one of the universities and select a course.
The available courses for Covenant University are;
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Information and Communication Engineering.
- Applied Biology and Biotechnology.
- International Relations.
- Computer Engineering.
While the courses available for Landmark University are;
- Animal Science.
- Crop Science.
- Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- International Relations.
Step 5: Fill in your Personal Information
Your personal information is your name, date of birth, gender, country of origin e.t.c. It is important that you carefully fill this part to avoid errors. Some errors may lead to disqualification.
A Skype ID will be required in this section. You can create a Skype account if you do not have one.
This is required because the foundation will conduct a video interview during the scholarship process.
Click on save and continue.
Step 6: Enter your Guardian Information
Fill in your parent or guardian name, job description, contact details and address. Once you are done, click on save and continue to proceed to the next step.
Step 7: Fill in your Educational Information
In this part, you will be required to fill in your Primary and Secondary school information. A high school transcript grade will be required; this is your academic performance throughout secondary school.
The high school transcript contains all the subjects you took during secondary school, the dates, your performance, etc. You can get this from your secondary school principal.
You also need to enter your JAMB information (Nigerian candidates only).
Under the academic recommendation section, you can enter the name of anyone that can recommend your academic prowess. This could be your teacher, principal, vice-principal etc.
Click on save and continue to move to the next step.
Step 8: Enter your Religious Recommendation Details
In this section, you need to enter the information of anyone that can guarantee your religious affiliation and how dedicated you are. You can fill in the information of your religious leader here.
Save the information and continue.
Step 9: Upload your Documents
This is the final step.
In this part, you need to upload the following documents;
- A passport photograph.
- Secondary school transcript.
- Academic letter of reference (this could be from your principal).
- Reference letter from a religious leader.
- Upload an essay on your passion for your country (500 words) (PDF).
- Upload an essay on your leadership experience for the past 3 years. (500 words) (PDF).
- Upload an essay on why you need the scholarship. (500 words) (PDF).
- Write and upload an essay on why you want to pursue a career in your chosen course (500 words) (PDF).
You can write the essays with a word processor like Google docs and convert it to PDF before uploading.
When you are done uploading the documents, a submit button will appear at the bottom of the page. Click on the button to submit.
All documents must be uploaded and submitted before the deadline.
Make sure you crosscheck all the information you supplied before submitting.
David Oyedepo Foundation Contact Details
If you need to reach out to the foundation for any reason, you can send a mail to [email protected] or call +2349059166240.
This information was culled from the Foundation’s Facebook page.
Thank you for reading our article on the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme for 2022. You can check our Scholarship category for the latest scholarships.
If you love content like this and you want to get more, you can join our WhatsApp TV for more updates.